Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

The most important day of May in the Woerner family...no it's not Cinco de Mayo....it's Daddy's Birthday! And this year, Charlie was in charge of planning! Charlie and I worked hard on making a cake for Daddy. Normally, I would have made a lemon cake because I know that is Jason's favorite, but Charlie had different plans. He was insistent that Daddy had to have a chocolate cake! Charlie helped mix the cake up and get it in the pans, but then had to have a trampoline break while it baked and cooled enough to ice the cake. Then came the icing...not just any icing...neon green icing! I swear that cake could glow in the dark it's so bright! During Easter, we made cookies with Charlie's friend Caden, and I found neon food coloring. And they weren't kidding when they said it was neon. And of course, if you know Charlie, you know his other favorite color is orange, so the cake had to have orange sprinkles! I managed to find some old Halloween sprinkles that were orange and yellow....the best I could do on short notice! Charlie was very proud of his cake that he made for Daddy as you can see in the picture.
 
We shared a delicious dinner and took our regular evening walk, and then came back in for cake. A low key event for us, but I think the sentiment was appreciated! Happy Birthday Daddy! We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment