Thursday, June 30, 2011

Where to begin?

So, I've gotten a little behind and that makes it hard to know where to begin...Father's Day....Balloon Festival....the big wedding?

So, Father's Day was great this year! Normally, we are at the cabin for Father's Day, but since we had a new arrival in the clan (Camille Lee Walters), we postponed our trip until July this year. This year, I planned to make a surprise breakfast for Jason....as much of a surprise as you can with to kids helping in the kitchen at 6:30 AM! When I went to wake Charlie up that morning so he could help, he was a little groggy, but the minute I mentioned making breakfast for Daddy, he popped out of bed!! So we were off to make our very first waffle breakfast! We are not super big breakfast eaters, but I do know that Jason does enjoy a good waffle from time to time! So there we were in the kitchen....waffle iron hot and bacon frying! I got a little carried away with the waffles, but it was just kind of fun once I got going! I think I made like 10 waffles or something!!

Earlier in the week, we painted a Father's Day banner that included handprints of both of the boys! And I don't know if you've ever tried handprints with a 9 month old by yourself, but it gets a little tricking! When Jason came home from work that day, I had paint all over my legs, Gus had it in his hair, and there were piles of dish towels and washclothes that were covered in blue paint! And in the end, we only had two blue blobs that somewhat resembled little blue hands, but it was the sentiment that counts, right?

Charlie was so proud of our banner and he couldn't wait to show his Daddy! Once we had our waffles ready, it was time to go wake Daddy up....as if he could possibly still be sleeping! When I got out of bed to get things started, I made sure to tell him that he was to remain sleeping until otherwise told....which he had no problem with!! As you can see, everyone had a great time and it was sure to be a memory we will have for a very long time!


Since we were home this year, we were also able to go to the Hot Air Balloon Festival. It's always on Father's Day weekend and we are always out of town, so we've never been before. If I ever got again, I think I would probably just go at night for the balloon glow, because other than that, it's like every other festival you've been to....but the light up at night is really cool!






This past weekend, we had a big wedding in the family! Chelsea and Micah finally got married after several years of pining over each other! These kids have known each other seriously since kindergarten! We found the school yearbook to prove it! Oddly, enough, this is not the first of our youth group kids to marry each other. Of our youth group kids, we have three couples that have now gotten married! It's been alot of fun watching all of "our kids" get married and grow up! Chelsea and Micah had one of the sweetest weddings we've ever had the pleasure of being a part of...Jason was the DJ....I did the flowers! There was fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, 22 homemade cakes, a canary yellow piano, photo booth, a huge surf board to sign, root beer floats, and loads of other fun stuff! It was a great time!








No comments:

Post a Comment